The exhilarating G2655T Streamliner Center Block Jr. Double-Cut with Bigsby is designed for three simple things—high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability and spectacular style. A sleek music machine, the G2655T cranks out the hits with updated features while staying true to That Great Gretsch Sound! that’s been a vital component of rock ‘n’ roll since its inception.
The secret to the Streamliner’s sound is twofold—the Broad’Tron BT-2S humbucking pickup and the spruce center block. Designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection, the high-output Broad’Tron pickup spawns improved definition with tighter bass response for robust lows, pristine highs and a throaty midrange. A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the body, reinforcing the top while eliminating undesired feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages. The Streamliner’s sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout—neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching. Add some shimmer and expression to your playing with the Bigsby-licensed B50 vibrato tailpiece, while the anchored Adjusto-Matic bridge and synthetic bone nut grant astounding tuning stability and accurate, slip-free intonation.
A fast-playing 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with elegant pearloid Big Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound neck with a thin “U”-shaped profile—ideal for chord work or fiery riffing.
All the classic eye-catching style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch is here—vintage-style black control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, slick-looking nickel hardware, three-ply black pickguard and arched laminated maple construction. Easy to play while rocking out thanks to its smaller body, the G2655T is a phenomenal instrument for the modern musician who wants to control the stage and the audience while standing out from the pack.
- All-new Broad’Tron BT-2S pickups
- Slightly smaller 14” double-cutaway arched maple body with chambered spruce center block
- Enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection
- Nato neck
- 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with pearloid Big Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets
- Master volume, master tone and individual pickup volume controls provide complete tone-shaping flexibility
- Vintage-style control knobs
- Bigsby B50 vibrato tailpiece
- Anchored Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Three-ply black pickguard
- Available in Brownstone Maple, Stirling Green and Walnut Stain with nickel hardware