Back in stock at Parkway, the all-incredible and historic Murphy Lab '64 SG w/ Maestro, in all its chunky neck, rich classic output, and resonant glory. A stunning instrument to see, feel, hear, and research from the decades-old Gibson golden era.
"Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
Regardless of the fact that George Harrison and Eric Clapton rocked a '64 SG™ Standard, that model year was clearly a standout for SGs in general. The clunky side-pull vibrato had been replaced by the dependable Maestro™ Vibrola. The neck profiles had increased in size, resembling the profile found on 1959 Les Pauls™. And the balance, playability and look of the SG seemed to come into its own. For all those reasons, the Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present the 1964 SG Standard Reissue."
- Free Shipping
- SN: 301864
- 7lbs 13.3oz
- Finish: Faded Cherry
- Body Finish: Murphy Lab Heavy Aged Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Mahogany Body
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
- Chunky Medium "C" Neck Profile
- Authentic Medium Jumbo Frets
- Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid Inlay
- Maestro Vibrola Bridge
- Murphy Lab Heavy Aged Hardware Finish
- Custombucker Alnico 3 Humbuckers
- Hardshell Case & COA Included