1960 was the last year for the original Les Paul™ Standard, nearly identical to a 1959 model except for a few specs. Most notably, it features a fast-playing slim neck profile, beloved by the many famous musicians who played '60 Bursts including Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, and Paul McCartney. It also has "reflector" Volume & Tone knobs and wider "double-ring" tuner tips. The Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue is a clone of the originals from the hide-glue construction to the chemically re-engineered plastic parts. Each one is built with extreme care, reverence, and attention to detail by expert Custom Shop craftspeople who are committed to providing an authentic vintage ownership experience. It also features Ultra Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
The Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
- Free Shipping
- 2-Piece Figured Maple Top
- Nitro Cellulose Finish; Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged
- 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany Body
- Solid Mahogany Neck
- 1960 SlimTaper Neck Profile
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
- Historic Medium Jumbo Frets
- Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted) Pickups
- 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- 8lbs 13oz
- Certificate of Authenticity, Mounted Custom Shop Switch Plate Medallion; Reissue Switch Backplate
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
Parkway Music is an Authorized Dealer. Our shipments are always insured and packaged securely and professionally. All of our instruments are fully inspected to meet our high-quality standards and set up by our in-house luthiers prior to shipping. Please feel free to reach out to us for setup specifications and more information!