Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom designed black EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is now available in an all-new Satin Surf Green finish with cream body binding, color matched headstock and chrome hardware.
- 25.5" scale length
- Basswood body with arched top
- Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck
- Neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12"-16" compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays
- Convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment spoke wheel
- Direct mount EVH Wolfgang bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut
- EVH D-Tuna
- Three-way toggle switch, EVH volume control (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) with treble bleed circuit and tone control (250K EVH Bourns High Friction)
- Available in Satin Surf Green with cream body binding, color matched headstock and chrome hardware