Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150 Series Deluxe is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 Deluxe QM features a modified Strat-style basswood body with a quilt maple top and deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and color matched “hockey stick” headstock with EVH logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 Deluxe is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a three-way toggle on the upper bout. The custom designed EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A custom designed low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. An added new feature comes in the way of a lower bout kill switch, allowing you to mute your guitar for those stutter, rhythmic effects — think “You Really Got Me.”
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A stylized modern spin on a fan favorite, the 5150 Deluxe is sure to stun with its rippling quilt maple top dressed in a vivid Purple Daze finish with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh tuning machines.
- 25.5” scale length
- Modified Strat-style basswood body with quilt maple top and deeper upper body curve
- Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck
- Neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment spoke wheel
- Direct mount EVH Wolfgang bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- Top-mount EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge and R3 locking nut
- EVH D-Tuna
- Three-way toggle switch, kill switch, volume control (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) with treble bleed circuit and tone control (250K EVH Bourns High Friction)
- Available in Purple Daze with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh tuning machines
- Color matched EVH hockey stick headstock with EVH logo decal