Laugh all you want while headbanging along to Steel Panther’s satirically swaggering take on ‘80s-era Sunset Strip glam metal, but there’s just no arguing with the ferociously slamming chops of guitarist Russ “Satchel” Parrish. Simply put, nobody puts the 1987 into today like Parrish and his metalloid feline cohorts, and Charvel is excited to deliver a huge horns-up in the tiger-striped form of the Satchel Signature Pro-Mod DK22 HH FR M.
The instrument has an alder Dinky body with sharper-radius top edges and rare Satin White Bengal finish. Of special note are the two Fishman Fluence Classic humbucking pickups topped with black/white bobbins, which share a single volume control knob with special push/pull dual voice activation. Using this control, the PRF-CHB neck pickup delivers ideal-but-elusive vintage PAF humbucking neck pickup tone with just the right dynamics and output (voice one), or a Fluence-exclusive neck tone with clear and airy chime, unreal high end, highly vocal midrange and tight lows (voice two). Similarly, the PRF-CHB bridge pickup delivers ideal vintage PAF humbucking tone calibrated for perfect output (voice one), or quintessential hot-rodded humbucking bridge tone without all the baggage (voice two). You get the idea—it sounds %$#@& huge.
The bolt-on maple neck has a Fender Stratocaster headstock with Charvel-branded die-cast tuners, graphite reinforcement, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and Charvel neck plate. Atop that is a 12”-16” compound-radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Other features include a three-way toggle pickup switch, top-loaded Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system, and more.
- 25.5 scale length
- Alder Dinky body
- Bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back
- 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Fishman Fluence Classic PRF-CHB bridge and neck pickups (uncovered with black and white bobbins)
- Active electronics
- Three-way pickup toggle switch and volume (push/pull voice activation) control
- Top-loaded Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Charvel-branded sealed die-cast tuners and Charvel neck plate
- Available in Satin White Bengal with black hardware and licensed Fender Strat headstock